Saturday, March 26, 2011

First Times and Baking!

Today was one of those cold rainy days..
You know the ones where you sit inside all day in pajamas because it just looks miserable outside and you want to get out sooo bad?
So we decided to go out and grab something quick for supper. Well, Daddy always wants to go to Captain D's, and honestly, the thought of fast food seafood has always kind of grossed me out..
But we decided to go there anyways. It was my first time and it was actually really good! I was surprised!
They have the BEST french fries I think I've ever had!

When we got home, we made Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies!
I haven't had them in forever and they are some of my favorites!

Here's the recipe:

2 cups of sugar
4 T. cocoa
1/2 cup milk
1 stick butter

In medium saucepan, let ingredients above come to rolling boil for 1 minute. Stir constantly. Remove from heat.

ADD:
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 cups cooking oatmeal
1 tsp. vanilla

Stir well until completely blended. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let stand until cool and firm.

I used the wrong kind of chocolate so mine turned out really dark..but they still tasted good!

They are really good warm with ice cream!!

**Don't forget to enter my giveaway HERE!!**
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious :] yum! I will definitely have to try this recipe out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We call those "no-bake-ums" at my house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm. Having no bake cookies with ice cream is a good idea. With the way I like food, I'm surprised I've never thought to do that before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummm! No bake cookies are my favorites! :) That sounds like the perfect way to spend a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete